On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we would like to invite you to participate in the
31st International Symposium on Adult Congenital Heart Disease.
This year’s virtual symposium reflects a long partnership between the faculties of Oregon Health & Science University, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Centre/University of Cincinnati and University of Toronto. It will be a unique forum to meet medical professionals from around the world and exchange ideas and information in the rapidly growing field of Adult Congenital Heart Disease.
International faculty and attendees will gather to educate, learn and receive updates about the latest innovations in diagnosis and management of patients with Congenital Heart Disease.
Pushing the limits is the theme of this year’s Symposium. Number and complexity of ACHD patients are rapidly increasing, and the medical community is facing new challenges in this unique population.
Congenital heart disease is a lifespan disease with different aspects during the journey of our patients, and this journey will be featured in the different sessions.
Toronto, with its very long and strong history in congenital heart disease (CHD), is the home of thousands of pediatric and adult CHD patients. It has built on its tradition and legacy on excellence in patient care, education and research. The team of the Toronto ACHD program is proud to host this virtual Symposium.
This year’s Symposium presents special features:
- The Dr. Gary Webb Lecture, introduced in 2018, to honor his great contributions to the field ACHD, with global impact.
- Dr. William G. Williams Lecture, introduced in 2008, to honor one of the early advocates and fathers of ACHD surgery.
- Case discussions with live panel discussion.
- Latest sciences (oral abstract and poster presentations).
- The International Society for Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ISACHD) will award the best abstracts submitted by Physicians and by Cardiac Care Associates. The winners will receive the ISACHD Young Investigator Award and the ISACHD Cardiac Care Associate Investigator Award.
The following topics, innovations and their challenges will be discussed:
- Advanced heart failure and therapies
- Challenges in ACHD interventions
- Fontan circulation and pulmonary vasodilator therapy
- Pregnancy and congenital heart disease
- Cardiovascular imaging in congenital heart disease
- Neurodevelopmental or neurocognitive deficit or disorder
- ACHD around the globe
- Research around the globe
- Challenging cases in congenital heart disease
We expect the Symposium to provide the best of science and education in this area of practice. The Program has been designed for all healthcare professionals working with Adult Congenital Heart Disease and should familiarize participants with the latest clinical information on the diagnosis and management for ACHD.
Welcome to a great virtual ACHD experience!
MD, MSc, FESC
MD FRCPC, FESC